SHC seeks hiring record of 500 cops from DIG West
Karachi
The Sindh High Court directed the DIG West on Friday to provide the entire record of successful candidates appointed police constables including the interview results so that it could be verified.
The directives came on an application filed by Mohammad Said and 49 others who had challenged their rejection for the posts.
They submitted that they had cleared their written tests and interviews but were not given appointment letters.
The court on the previous hearing had directed the DIG West to produce the entire record of the police recruitment before the consultation room of the Sindh High Court Bar Association so that it could be examined by the petitioner’s counsel.
The applicants’ counsel had filed a contempt application against the DIG West, submitting that despite the orders, the complete record was not produced at the meeting.
The provincial law officer opposed the application and submitted that the entire record of the recruitment of the 500 policemen had been produced for examination. The counsel for the petitioners submitted that if the entire record of the recruitment process including the interviews was produced, he would be able to examine it and submit a report to the court.
An SHC division bench headed by Justice Mohammad Iqbal Kalhoro directed the DIG West to produce the entire record of the recruitment process.
The court observed that after the examination of the record, the report should be submitted by August 22.
‘Hitman’ remanded
A local court on Friday handed over an alleged target killer to the CTD police for three days on physical remand.
Muhammad Younus was arrested by the CTD police in the Manghopir police station jurisdictions. He was produced before the Judicial Magistrate (West), Ahmed Sarwar.
The Investigation Officer (IO) told the court that Younus was the activist of a group of target killers, consisted of some members of the Awami National Party and the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and he has confessed to killing several people.
The IO requested the court to grant physical remand of the accused so that he could be interrogated thoroughly.
Approving the IO’s request, the court allowed the CTD police to keep the accused in custody for three days.
-
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful' -
Gemma Chan Reflects On 'difficult Subject Matter' Portrayed In 'Josephine' -
Blood Falls In Antarctica? What Causes The Mysterious Red Waterfall Hidden In Ice -
AI Power Play: Nvidia Moves To Invest $30 Billion In OpenAI -
Will Savannah Guthrie Ever Return To 'Today' Show? Here's What Insiders Predict -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor In A Fix Over New Disturbing TMZ Photos