AEMEND, PFUJ condemn KP adviser’s allegation against female journalist
AEMEND strongly condemned character assassination of female journalist Nadia Saboohi, associated with Geo News, by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa CM's Adviser on Social Welfare Mashal Yousafzai
ISLAMABAD/PESHAWAR: The Association of Electronic Media Editors and News Directors (AEMEND) has strongly condemned the baseless accusations and character assassination of female journalist Nadia Saboohi, associated with Geo News, by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister’s Adviser on Social Welfare Mashal Yousafzai and termed it intolerable.
In a statement on Saturday, AEMEND said Nadia Saboohi, while performing her duties, broke the news about a summary regarding the purchase of vehicles, on which Mashal Yousafzai not only made baseless accusations but also posted the mobile number of the female journalist on social media.
Since then, Nadia Saboohi has been receiving vulgar messages and threats. Mashal Yousafzai has thus put the life of the female journalist in danger.
As a worker of a political party and an official of the provincial government, this criminal act of her requires legal action, so the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur should take action against Mashal Yousafzai, and the relevant institutions should also adopt legal course according to the law, AEMEND said.
AEMEND also called on political parties to hold accountable elements within their ranks who are involved in social media campaigns and character assassination of journalists.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ), in its press release, expressed grave concern over the concocted allegations of KP Adviser Mashal Yousafzai against female journalist Nadia Saboohi.
The PFUJ said the provincial adviser should bring forth proof if she had any against the female journalist; otherwise, her allegations against a professional journalist to cover up her own wrongdoings would be considered a conspiracy against the provincial government.
The PFUJ said Mashal Yousafzai not only expressed her anger against a competent journalist but also launched a campaign against her on social media after the rejection of a summary by Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur for the purchase of expensive vehicles.
PFUJ office-bearers, including PFUJ President Afzal Butt and Secretary General Arshad Ansari, demanded immediate action from the KP government against the adviser. They also demanded action against Mashal Yousafzai under the Cyber Crime Act or the PFUJ would chalk out its own strategy against her.
Also on Saturday, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader and lawyer Muazzam Butt sent a Rs30 million damages notice to Adviser Mashal Yousafzai for levelling allegations against him on social media.
He has accused the adviser of his character assassination and levelling baseless allegations against him, saying that the adviser should either explain her position about the statements within a fortnight or seek apology.
“I will move court against her for Rs30 million as damages for my character assassination,” the notice sent to Mashal Yousafzai read.
Geo News reporter Nadia Saboohi had reported that a summary had been prepared to buy new vehicles for the adviser on social welfare.
The reporter had contacted the adviser to get the story confirmed and have her version. The adviser confirmed the report but said the summary had not been forwarded to the chief minister yet.
Nadia Saboohi ran the story which contained the version of Mashal Yousufzai. But the adviser in a statement accused the reporter of demanding money from her and running the story when her request was not entertained. The adviser ran a social media campaign against the reporter as well by posting a tweet.
Not content with that, the adviser levelled allegations against her own PTI leader Moazzam Butt after accusing him of being behind the issue. But he rejected the charges and asked Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandpur to launch an investigation against Mashal Yousafzai on the matter.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France