Milk 2 cups
Lemon juice 3-4 tbsp
Hot sauce ½ cup
Cayenne powder 2 tbsp
Salt ½ tbsp or to taste
Ginger powder 1 tbsp
Garlic powder 1 tbsp
Chicken 1 & ½ kg (8 large pieces)
All-purpose flour 1 ½ cup
Chicken powder 2 tbsp
Cooking oil (for frying)
Hot Chilli Oil:
Cayenne pepper 1 tbsp
Paprika powder 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 2 tbsp or to taste
Garlic powder 2 tsp
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
Brown sugar 1 tbsp
Cooking oil ½ cup (substitute: melted butter hot ½ cup)
- In a bowl, add milk, lemon juice and mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes. Butter milk is ready!
- Add hot sauce, cayenne powder, salt, ginger powder, garlic powder, eggs and whisk well.
- Add chicken pieces, cover and marinate for 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Take out chicken pieces and place on grill or tray and reserve the left out marinate for later use.
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, chicken powder, salt and mix well.
- Now coat marinated chicken pieces in dry flour mixture then again dip in reserved marinade and coat in dry flour mixture and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil (175 C) and fry chicken pieces until golden & crispy (maintain oil temperature at 175 C).
Prepare Hot Chilli Oil:
- In a bowl, add cayenne powder, paprika powder, red chilli powder, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and hot cooking oil and mix well.
- After frying, apply prepared hot chilli oil on all sides of fried chicken with the help of the brush.
- On bread slices, place fried chicken piece, jalapenos slice, sprinkle green onion leaves & serve!
Recipe by Seema Hanif