Out this week
* XXV by Robbie Williams: Thirteenth album by the English singer; celebrates the twenty fifth anniversary of his solo career; contains re-recorded and orchestrated versions of his hits, including ‘Let Me Entertain You’, ‘Angels’, ‘Feel’, and ‘Rock DJ’.
* Jude by Julian Lennon: Seventh album by the English singer-songwriter; title references the Beatles 1968 song ‘Hey Jude’ that was written for him; includes the singles ‘Freedom’, ’Every Little Moment’, ‘Save Me’, and ‘Breathe’,
* End of the Road (Queen Latifah, Ludacris, Beau Bridges) – action drama; on a cross-country road tip, a family fights for their lives while being targeted by a mysterious killer.
* Clerks III (starring Brian O’Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Marilyn Ghigliotti, Rosario Dawson) – dark comedy, third film in the Clerks series; after surviving a heart attack, Randal (Anderson) wants to make a movie with Dante (O’Halloran) about their lives at the Quick Stop convenience store.
* Barbarian (Georgina Campbell, Bill Skarsgård, Justin Long) – horror; a woman arrives for a stay at a rental home and discovers the house is not what it seems.
* Dark Harvest (starring Casey Likes, E’myri Crutchfield, Jeremy Davies, Elizabeth Reaser, Luke Kirby) – horror; based on Norman Partridge’s novel; a monster rises from the cornfields every Halloween and terrorizes the residents in a small town.
Cast: Kevin Hart, Mark Wahlberg, Regina Hall, Luis Gerardo Méndez, Jimmy O. Yang
Director: John Hamburg
Tagline: This is not what he had in mind.
* Buddy comedy; while his wife (Hall) and kids are away, a stay-at-home dad (Hart) reconnects with his former best friend (Wahlberg) for a wild weekend.
* Has received negative reviews from critics who found the film unfunny and criticised the screenplay.
* A stage technician was injured in a 30-foot fall on the set of the movie.
* Score composed by Jeff Cardoni.
* Urwa Hocane (@VJURWA): Someone said to me today: “It’s heart-warming to see how we are united as a nation in the times of this natural catastrophe; imagine how we could prosper as a country if we worked together like this every day, for the betterment of Pakistan!” - That did hit me! #PakistanFloods2022
* Shehzad Roy (@ShehzadRoy): Let’s convert our political rage into flood relief. Let’s unite our families to save families affected by the floods. #LetsUniteAgain
* Claudia Webbe MP (@ClaudiaWebbe): Pakistan has 7253 glaciers, the most outside of the arctic polar region - they’re all reportedly melting fast.
Pakistan contributes less than 1% of greenhouse global emissions but is among the top 10 countries affected by climate change. Pakistan is paying the price for our greed.
Born today: Hunter Hayes, Julie Gonzalo, Michelle Williams, Michael Bublé, Henry Thomas, Adam Sandler, Hugh Grant