Out this week
- 30 by Adele: Fourth album by the English singer; follows 2015’s 25; led by the single ‘Easy on Me’; also includes the songs ‘Strangers by Nature’, ‘Cry Your Heart Out’, and ‘All Night Parking’ (with Erroll Garner).
- Raise the Roof by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss: Second collaboration album by the artists; a sequel to Raising Sand (2007); includes the songs ‘Can’t Let Go’, ‘High and Lonesome’, and ‘It Don’t Bother Me’.
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (starring Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd) – supernatural comedy, fourth film in the franchise; a single mother (Coon) and her two children (Wolfhard and Grace) move to a decayed farmhouse in a small town and discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters.
- King Richard (starring Will Smith, Aunjanue Ellis, Saniyya Sidney, Demi Singleton) – biographical drama; follows the life of the father (Smith) of Venus (Sidney) and Serena Williams (Singleton) as he raises and coaches two of the most gifted tennis players of all time.
- C'mon C'mon (starring Joaquin Phoenix, Gaby Hoffmann, Woody Norman) – drama; a radio journalist (Phoenix) and his precocious nephew (Norman) bond over a cross country trip.
- Black Friday (starring Devon Sawa, Ivana Baquero, Ryan Lee) – horror comedy; employees at a toy store try to survive a zombie outbreak.
Adam Douglas Driver
- Born on 19th November 1983 in San Diego, California, U.S.
- Has an older sister, April.
- Parents divorced when he was a child.
- Served in the U.S. Marine Corps for more than two years.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard in 2009.
- Appeared in theatrical productions before garnering attention for his role in the comedy drama Girls (2012 – 2017).
- Gained worldwide recognition for portraying Kylo Ren in the Star Wars sequel trilogy (2015 – 2019).
- Has also appeared in films including Frances Ha (2012), Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), Hungry Hearts (2014), BlacKkKlansman (2018), and Marriage Story (2019).
- Upcoming projects include the drama film White Noise (2022) and the sci-fi thriller 65 (2022).
- Has been married to Joanne Tucker since 2013; they have a son together.
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, Gal Gadot, Ritu Arya, Chris Diamantopoulos
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Tagline: Pro and cons.
- Action comedy; an FBI agent (Johnson) reluctantly teams up with an art thief (Reynolds) to catch a criminal (Gadot).
- Was originally supposed to get a theatrical release under Universal Studios before Netflix acquired the distribution rights in 2019.
- Had an estimated budget of around US$200 million. Is the most costly film in Netflix history.
- Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, and Gal Gadot reportedly made over US$20 million each for their roles.
- Has received negative reviews from critics who found the effort unexceptional and disappointing.
- Score composed by Steve Jablonsky.
- Ali Zafar (@AliZafarsays): Proud of our team. They deserve a heroic welcome back. The professionalism and spirit with which they played speaks volumes of what’s coming in the future for Pakistan cricket. Also must say, Australia, that was a hell of a knock and those two sweeps! Wow!
- Mawra Hocane (@MawraHocane): Thank you for the best three weeks! You played with integrity, empathy, and so much passion. We as a nation are so, so proud of you. Well played green boys, Alhumdulillah.