Out this week
Peter Gene Hernandez
* Born on 8th October 1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
* Has five siblings.
* Was nicknamed Bruno as a child by his father because of his resemblance to wrestler Bruno Sammartino.
* Started performing with his family’s band, The Love Notes, when he was four, till the age of 12 when his parents divorced, ending the group.
* Became known for his Elvis Presley impersonation as a child.
* Worked as a music producer and songwriter while trying to get a record deal.
* Released his debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, in 2010, achieving considerable success. Has since released two more albums: Unorthodox Jukebox (2012) and 24K Magic (2016).
* Is set to release the collaboration album An Evening with Silk Sonic with Anderson .Paak as the group Silk Sonic in 2022.
* Has been in a relationship with model Jessica Caban since 2011.
* Is among America’s highest paid musicians and one of the best-selling artists of all time.
The Card Counter
Cast: Oscar Isaac, Tiffany Haddish, Tye Sheridan, Willem Dafoe
Director: Paul Schrader
Tagline: He’s playing the hand he was dealt.
* Crime drama; a former serviceman turned gambler (Isaac) tries to reform a young man (Sheridan) who is seeking revenge on a mutual enemy from his past.
* Has received positive reviews from critics who praised Isaac’s performance and Schrader’s filmmaking.
* Shia LaBeouf dropped out of the project due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Tye Sheridan.
* Martin Scorsese – who has previously worked with Schrader on films like Taxi Driver and Raging Bull which the latter wrote – serves as an executive producer.
* Score composed by Robert Levon Been (of the rock band Black Rebel Motorcycle Club).
* Bill Maher (@billmaher): Why are there so many people trying to make a living by taking pictures of themselves, like they’re their own paparazzi? I’m sorry, but Brian Laundrie was not an interesting person until he became a person of interest. #VanLife
* RainnWilson (@rainnwilson): At 2 hours and 43 minutes the new Bond film leaves PLENTY of time to die.