Ranveer Singh gives statement to Mumbai police over ‘bold’ photo shoot case
Ranveer Singh summons by police officials in a FIR case filed by city’s NGO, as per officer
Ranveer Singh has recently appeared on Monday morning to record his statement before the Mumbai Police in a FIR case registered against the actor for posting his “bold” photos on social media.
According to Indian Express report, a senior police officer informed that Gully Boy star “appeared before the investigation officer today morning at 7 a.m. and his statement was recorded within two hours.”
The officer mentioned that the 37-year-old was handed over a questionnaire by the police after which he gave a handwritten statement to the officials.
For the unversed, a non-governmental organisation (NGO) filed a complaint against the actor last month and claimed that he had “hurt the sentiments of women in general and insulted their modesty through his photographs”.
Based on this complaint, the Chembur Police registered a case against the Padmaavat actor under various Indian Penal Code sections including 292 (sale of obscene books, etc), 293 (sale of obscene objects to young people) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult modesty of a woman).
Meanwhile, the probe is still underway and officials added that the actor “can be called again, if it’s necessary”.
-
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi reveals stage 1 cervical cancer diagnosis
-
Timothee Chalamet admits he was 'grumpy' before beau Kylie Jenner's unexpected move
-
Hilary Duff’s son roasts her outfit in new album interview
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form part ways after 3 years of marriage
-
Avan Jogia says life with fiancee Halsey feels like 'coming home'
-
Taylor Swift made sure Jodie Turner-Smith's little girl had a special day on 'Opalite' music video set
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school