Islamabad sends 278 tonnes of edibles to Kabul
PESHAWAR: The Pak-Afghan Cooperation Forum (PACF), on behalf of the Pakistan government, Sunday dispatched 17 truckloads of edibles weighing 278 tonnes to Afghanistan.
Briefing the media at the Torkham border, Chairman Pak-Afghan Cooperation Forum (PACF) Habibullah Khan Khattak, said, "Afghans are our Muslim brothers and neighbours and we have centuries-old relations with them."
He said the 40-year war in Afghanistan had ruined economy, agriculture and administrative infrastructure of the country and the sudden withdrawal of international aid agencies had put the entire population at risk, reports Geo News.
Habibullah said last year’s drought also added to the miseries of the Afghan people who were now facing a humanitarian crisis. The situation can turn into a humanitarian catastrophe, if immediate and effective steps are not taken, he added.
Khattak further said the Pak-Afghan Cooperation Forum was a trust established to assist the Afghan population in the hour of need.
“We aim not only to provide immediate humanitarian assistance in the form of food, medicine and non-food items to the people of Afghanistan, but also to help them to stand on their own feet and make their homeland a peaceful, stable and responsible member of the global community,” Khattak said.
"Our activities are not limited to coordinate all humanitarian assistance and include procurement, storage, transportation, and distribution of food ration, medicine or shelter for the needy people of Afghanistan as well as interaction with prospective donors and beneficiaries at organisational and individual levels along with any other such assignment that is helpful in rebuilding Afghanistan," said Khattak.
"With the help of various philanthropists and the government of Pakistan, we have managed to lift 32 tonnes of flour, six tonnes of cooking oil, and two tonnes of medicine through C-130," Khattak said, speaking of aid dispatched by Pakistan earlier.
Similarly, he said, the government was dispatching on Sunday an aid convoy of 17 trucks loaded with a total of 278 tonnes of edible items, including 65 tonnes of sugar, three tonnes of pulses, 190 tonnes of flour, 11 tonnes of cooking oil and 31 tonnes of rice.
He expressed the hope that in the coming days they will also provide support in education, health and livelihood. Khattak said this package is a clear message to the people of Afghanistan that the people and government of Pakistan will never forget them in their difficult times.
It is also a message to the world that instead of adopting the policy of ''wait and see'' they must come forward to help these Afghan people, he said. He appealed to all philanthropists within Pakistan and across the globe to come forward and help them through generous donations to avert this humanitarian crisis.
Later, the Consul General for Pakistan at Jalalabad Abidullah and Regional Head Ministry of Industries and Private Sectors Maulvi Mubariz received the trucks and thanked the Government of Pakistan.
-
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports