NAB rejects Ghani’s allegations, decides to send legal notice
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau categorically rejected the allegations of Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani on Friday and clarified that the probe was under process against Saeed Ghani by the NAB Karachi after due process of law. “The NAB has already clarified that NAB Karachi Bureau was conducting an inquiry against Haleem Adil Sheikh after authorizing complaint verification,” the NAB press statement stated. Earlier, NAB had already condemned Saeed Ghani’s attempts for influencing the corruption cases under trial against Syed Khursheed Shah and Ejaz Jakhrani in the accountability court of Sukkur. The NAB had also condemned Saeed Ghani’s attempt to benefit the accused persons and decided to review the statement of Saeed Ghani in the light of Clause 31 (a) of NAB Ordinance.
The NAB had also advised Saeed Ghani to thoroughly peruse the NAB Ordinance, which had already been reviewed in details by the Supreme Court of Pakistan in the Asfandyar Wali case.
In response to the allegations of Saeed Ghani regarding alleged favours to Haleem Adil Sheikh, the NAB’s press release stated that the inquiry against Haleem Adil Sheikh was underway with the authorization of complaint verification against him by the competent authority.
The NAB statement said that Saeed Ghani had yet again alleged NAB for transferring the case of Haleem Adil Sheikh from the Anti-Corruption Establishment Sindh to NAB Karachi, which was totally baseless, misleading and against the facts.
The NAB statement reads, “The factual position is that the case of Haleem Adil Sheikh was transferred from Anti-Corruption Sindh to Senior Member, Board of Revenue, Sindh on July 16, 2020, which is part of the record. No case of Haleem Adil Sheikh was transferred to NAB Karachi by Anti-Corruption Establishment Sindh”.
As per the statement, the NAB Karachi has not only completed the complaint verification after receiving the complaint and approval from competent authority, but the inquiry was underway against Haleem Adil Sheikh.
The statement said, “NAB has decided to send a legal notice to Saeed Ghani for misleading the public and trying to tarnish the image of NAB”.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France