Khwaja brothers move LHC for post-arrest bail
LAHORE: Former railways minister Khwaja Saad Rafiq and his brother former provincial minister Khwaja Salman Rafiq Monday moved the Lahore High Court (LHC) for bail in Paragon City case, filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). The Khwaja brothers filed their bail petitions through Advocate Amjad Pervez, pleading that NAB implicated them in a case without any ground. The brothers said they extended full cooperation to NAB during investigation and furnished all documents to prove that they had no link with Paragon City Society. However, they said NAB arrested them on political grounds. The petitioners said they had been sent to jail on judicial remand and there was no reason to keep them behind the bars. They asked the court to grant them post-arrest bail. NAB had arrested the Khwaja brothers on Dec 11, 2018 after the LHC had withdrawn the relief of pre-arrest bail they enjoyed for almost three months. An accountability court had sent them on judicial remand on Feb 2 last.
-
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies