close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
 
March 11, 2015

No casualties but major damage in spinning factory fire

Karachi

 
March 11, 2015

Karachi
Millions worth of materials, machinery and property was estimated to have been damaged in a fire at a thread spinning factory in SITE area on Tuesday.
Officials said the blaze, which happens to be the second at the factory within three months, broke out due to electrical short-circuiting in one of the factory’s warehouses a little before 3:45pm. The fire spread quickly across the factory premises as several walls and the roof also eventually collapsed.
At least eight fire tenders worked into the evening to finally douse the blaze.
SITE-B police said the previous incident at the factory was in December last year, but no major damage had been caused. Officials said an investigation had been started and statements were being recorded from people including the security guard on duty at the time.
Minor fire at SIUT
A small fire broke out on the rooftop of the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation’s Hanifa Sulaiman block but, fortunately, no casualties or damages were reported.
The blaze was quickly put out by a single fire tender and the hospital was functioning as per routine.