Afghan embassy representative told to hand over Hafiz Gul Bahadur
Earlier ISPR said Afghan national carried out suicide attack day earlier on security forces convoy that killed 2 civilians
ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday summoned a representative of the Afghan Embassy in Islamabad where Pakistan strongly condemned the suicide attack perpetrated on a security forces convoy in the Bannu district on November 26 by an Afghan national.
The foreign office demanded the Afghan interim government to take swift “verifiable actions” against all terrorist groups and their sanctuaries. The envoy was also asked to arrest Hafiz Gul Bahadar and hand him over to Pakistan. He was also asked to prevent Afghan soil from terrorism against Pakistan.
Earlier ISPR on November 27 after the Bannu attack said that an Afghan national carried out a suicide attack a day earlier on a security forces convoy that killed two civilians and injured several others. “A motorcycle-borne suicide bomber, affiliated with Hafiz Gul Bahadur and later identified as an Afghan national carried out the attack in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province in northwestern Pakistan. Seven civilians and three soldiers were injured in the attack”, said the ISPR. Hafiz Gul Bahadur is the leader of a Pakistani Taliban faction based in North Waziristan. Law enforcement agencies claimed that a document recovered from the scene of the attack identified the perpetrator as an Afghan citizen. The attacker was carrying ‘Tazkira’, the identity document for Afghan citizens, as per official sources.
The Foreign Ministry also in its meeting with Afghan representative, emphasised that Afghanistan take immediate verifiable actions against all terrorist groups and their sanctuaries. “Pakistan also demanded that Hafiz Gul Bahadar should be handed over to Pakistan, and prevent Afghan soil from terrorism against Pakistan,“ maintain our sources. The summoning of the Afghan representative comes as Pakistan continues to deport illegal Afghan citizens from Pakistan.
-
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years