Okra ½ kg
Cooking oil 3-4 tbsp.
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Red chilli (crushed) 1 and ½ tsp
Coriander seeds (crushed) ½ tbsp.
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
Ginger garlic paste 1 and ½ tsp
Tomatoes (pureed) 1 and ½ cup
Yogurt 2 tbsp.
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Dried fenugreek leaves 1 tsp
Green chillies (sliced) 2-3
Fresh coriander (chopped) for garnish
* Cut okra from top and bottom and set aside.
* In a wok, add cooking oil and fry okra on high flame for 5-6 minutes then takeout and set aside.
* In the same wok, add cumin seeds, crushed red chilli, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
* Add ginger garlic paste and pureed tomatoes. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
* Add yogurt, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
* Now add fried okra, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
* Add lemon juice, dried fenugreek leaves and green chillies. Cover and simmer on low flame for 5-6 minutes and cook on high flame until oil separates.
* Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Courtesy: Food Fusion Recipe by: Kanwal Mohsin