Looking for the perfect snack to complement your evening tea in this nice chilly weather? This week You! collaborates with Muhammad Naim, Executive Chef Avari Towers, Karachi, to bring you the recipe of Dum Qeema Samosa Parcels. Happy snacking!
Beef Mince 1/2 kg
Yogurt 1/4 cup
Raw papaya paste 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 11/2 tbsp
Coriander powder 11/2 tbsp
Red chilli crushed 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp or to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or to taste
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Green chilli crushed 2 tbsp
Onion fried 1/2 cup
Mint leaves (chopped) 1/2 cup
Cooking oil 2-3 tbsp
Charcoal for smoke
All-purpose flour (sifted) 2 cups
Carom seeds 11/2 tsp
Ghee 2 tbsp
Water 1 cup or as required
- In bowl, add beef mince, yogurt, raw papaya paste, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli crushed, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice, green chilli, fried onion, mint leaves and mix well, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, add cooking oil and marinated beef, mix well until changes colour.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 15-20 minutes then cook on high flame for 12-15 minutes or until dries up.
- Give a charcoal smoke for 2 minutes.
- In bowl, add all-purpose flour, carom seeds, salt and mix.
- Knead dough again, sprinkle dry flour and divide into two equal parts.
- Take the dough, make a ball and roll out with the help of rolling pin. With the help of the cutter, cut into round shapes.
- On round dough, add cooked beef filling fold the edges by applying water and insert clove in the centre (makes 18-20). It can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 weeks in freezer.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry on low flame until golden brown.
Total cooking time: 60 minutes / Serves 4