Out this week
- Notes on a Conditional Form by The 1975: Fourth album by the English band, the second of the two-album ‘Music for Cars’ cycle, following A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (2018); includes the singles ‘People’, ‘Frail State of Mind’, ‘The Birthday Party’, ‘If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)’, and ‘Guys’.
- The Lovebirds (starring Issa Rae, Kumail Nanjiani, Anna Camp, Paul Sparks, Kyle Bornheimer) – comedy; a couple on the verge of breaking up get embroiled in a murder mystery.
- Inheritance (starring Lily Collins, Simon Pegg, Connie Nielsen, Chace Crawford, Patrick Warburton) – thriller; after the sudden death of her wealthy father (Warburton), a woman (Collins) is left with directions to a bunker where she finds an imprisoned stranger (Pegg).
- Survive the Night (starring Bruce Willis, Chad Michael Murray) – thriller; fleeing criminals hold a disgraced doctor and his family hostage while trying to seek medical help.
- Justin Shanes (@justinshanes): Me, now: “When this is over I’m gonna go to every concert, do every hike, explore every museum, and hang out with every single person I know.”
- Me, 1 hour after receiving vaccine: “Which sweatpants should I put on to watch Guy’s Grocery Games?”
- Olivia Wilde (@oliviawilde): My 3 year old took pics of me in the shower and due to my pandemic diet - and her cruel framing choices - I have no choice but to press charges.
Camren Renee Bicondova
- Born on 22nd May 1999 in San Diego, California, U.S.
- Started taking dancing lessons as a child.
- Became part of the all-girl dance group 8 Flavahz who participated in the seventh season of America’s Best Dance Crew in 2012; the group was the runner-up of the season.
- Also appeared in the dance drama film Battlefield America in 2012.
- Gained recognition for portraying Selina Kyle on the DC television series Gotham (2014 – 2019).
- Supports several charitable organizations, advocating causes including equality and animal welfare.
Also born today: Maggie Q, Katie Price, Ginnifer Goodwin, Naomi Campbell, Morrissey
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Geraldine Viswanathan, Alex Wolff, Rafael Casal, Stephen Spinella, Annaleigh Ashford, Ray Romano
Director: Cory Finley
Tagline: Some people learn the hard way.
- Drama; Frank Tassone (Jackman), the beloved superintendent of a school district, and his staff become the prime suspects in an embezzlement case during the early 2000s.
- Is based on the true story of the largest public school embezzlement scandal in American history.
- The film’s screenwriter, Mike Makowsky, was a middle school student in the featured school district during the events shown in the film.
- HBO Films acquired distribution rights to the film for $17.5 million.
- Has received positive reviews from critics, earning particular praise for the acting and screenplay.
- The real Frank Tassone praised Jackman’s performance but took issue with the film’s subplot involving an affair with a former student, saying he never had a relationship with a student or graduate.
- Score composed by Michael Abels.