Out this week
- A Good Friend Is Nice by Jack & Jack: Debut album by the American pop-rap duo; includes the singles ‘No One Compares to You’ and ‘Rise’ (Jonas Blue featuring Jack & Jack).
- The Upside (starring Bryan Cranston, Kevin Hart, Nicole Kidman) – comedy drama, remake of the 2011 film The Intouchables; a paralysed billionaire (Cranston) strikes up a friendship with a recently paroled convict (Hart).
- Replicas (starring Keanu Reeves, Alice Eve, Thomas Middleditch) – thriller; after his family dies in a car accident, a neuroscientist (Reeves) brings his family members back to life.
- A Dog's Way Home (starring Edward James Olmos, Alexandra Shipp, Ashley Judd) – drama; a dog travels more than 400 miles to find her owner.
- Jesse Case (@jessecase): I've spent a few nights in jail. I've had 2 years of stage 4 cancer treatment. I wrote a will at 29. I've gotten sober and stuck with it. I built a good comedy career from nothing. And STILL, the hardest thing I've ever done is tried to give my cat a goddamn pill.
- Dana Gould (@danagould): Naming a dolphin Flipper is like naming a baby Arm.
- Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien): Is it possible the stock market keeps fluctuating so much because there’s a cat sitting on its keyboard?
76th Golden Globe Awards Winners:
- Best Motion Picture, Drama: Bohemian Rhapsody
- Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy: Green Book
- Director: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
- Actress, Drama: Glenn Close, The Wife
- Actor, Drama: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Olivia Colman, The Favourite
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Christian Bale, Vice
- Actress in a Supporting Role: Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
- Actor in a Supporting Role: Mahershala Ali, Green Book
- Motion Picture, Animated: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Best Television Series, Drama: The Americans
- Actress, Drama: Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
- Actor, Drama: Richard Madden, Bodyguard
- Television Series, Musical or Comedy: The Kominsky Method
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
- Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
- Actress, Limited Series: Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
- Actor, Limited Series: Darren Criss, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
For the complete list of winners, visit goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees.
Cast: Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman
Director: James Wan
Tagline: Home is calling.
- Action; the heir (Momoa) to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis must step forward to stop his half-brother (Wilson) from starting a war between the underwater world and the surface world.
- Is the sixth instalment in the DC Extended Universe.
- Is the first full-length feature film based on the character.
- Had an estimated budget of around $160 million to $200 million; has made $940 million in less than three weeks.
- Has received mixed reviews; some critics found it silly and cheesy, and criticised the standard storyline.
- Had been in development since 2004 but the project fell through a couple of times.
- Much of the film was shot in Australia.
- Score composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams. Soundtrack includes Skylar Grey’s song ‘Everything I Need’.