Out this week
* Queen of Me by Shania Twain: The Canadian singer’s sixth album; comes after 2017’s Now; includes the singles ‘Waking Up Dreaming’ and ‘Giddy Up!’ as well as the song ‘The Hardest Stone’ (featuring Tyler Joseph).
* My 21st Century Blues by Raye: Debut album by the British singer; includes the songs ‘Hard Out Here’, ‘Black Mascara’, ‘Escapism’ (featuring 070 Shake), ‘The Thrill Is Gone’, and ‘Five Star Hotels’ (featuring Mahalia).
* Knock at the Cabin (starring Dave Bautista, Jonathan Groff, Ben Aldridge, Nikki Amuka-Bird) – psychological horror; a vacationing family is held hostage in a remote cabin by strangers who demand a sacrifice to avert the apocalypse.
* 80 for Brady (starring Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno, Sally Field, Tom Brady) – sports comedy; four elderly friends travel to Houston to watch their hero Tom Brady and the New England Patriots play in the 2017 Super Bowl.
* Marlowe (starring Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger, Jessica Lange, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) – crime thriller, based on the 2014 novel The Black-Eyed Blonde by John Banville; in 1939 Los Angeles, a private detective (Neeson) is hired to find the ex-lover of a glamorous heiress.
* True Spirit (starring Teagan Croft, Cliff Curtis, Josh Lawson, Anna Paquin) – biographical adventure; an Australian teenager (Croft) attempts to become the youngest person ever to sail solo, non-stop around the world.
Cast: Jonah Hill, Lauren London, David Duchovny, Nia Long, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Eddie Murphy
Director: Kenya Barris
Tagline: Opposites attract, families don’t.
* Romantic comedy; a new couple (Hill and London) and their families find themselves examining modern love amidst cultural and generational differences.
* Is Kenya Barris’s big screen directorial debut.
* Has received mixed to negative reviews, with criticism aimed at its script and heavy-handedness.
* Has been described as a modern-day version of the 1967 film Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.
* Reunites Eddie Murphy and Julia Louis-Dreyfus who were cast members of Saturday Night Live in the ‘80s.
* Score composed by Bekon.
Warwick Ashley Davis
* Born on 3rd February 1970 in Epsom, Surrey, England
* Has a younger sister.
* Was born with a rare bone growth disorder, spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia congenita, that results in dwarfism.
* Was cast as an Ewok in 1983’s Return of the Jedi at age 11 after his grandmother heard a radio ad calling for short actors. Went on to play several characters in the Star Wars franchise.
* Has also appeared in films including Willow (1988), the Leprechaun series (1993–2003), and the Harry Potter series (2001–2011) as well as the television sitcom Life’s Too Short (2012–2013).
* Has been married to Samantha Burroughs since 1991. They have a daughter and a son.