close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

World

Web Desk
April 22, 2019

9-month-old Nishwa dies after 16 painful days in Karachi hospital

World

Web Desk
Mon, Apr 22, 2019

KARACHI: Nine-month-old Nishwa, who had suffered irreparable brain damage and became paralysed after she was administered a drug wrongly by nursing staff of Darul Sehat Hospital, Karachi, last week, passed away on Monday.

Nishwa was being treated at another private hospital on Karachi's Stadium Road after her father said she suffered brain damage owing to staff negligence. 

Nishwa became paralysed due to wrong medical treatment at the hospital on April 14 when an overdose of potassium chloride had affected her brain severely, leaving her nearly brain-dead.

A two-member body was also formed to probe the case of doctors' neglect.

Three parallel probes had been underway, one each by the Sindh police, the Sindh Health Care Commission (SHCC) and the two-member committee formed by the chief minister to fix responsibility in the Nishwa case, while Darul Sehat Hospital has already admitted its error, offering to bear all the expenses incurred on the treatment of the ill-fated child.