Australian police search homes linked to New Zealand mosque attacks
The homes were in New South Wales where the accused gunman, Brenton Tarrant, grew up, though he has spent most of the last decade overseas, officials said.
SYDNEY: Australian counter-terrorism police raided two homes early Monday linked to the mass shooting that killed 50 people at two New Zealand mosques last week, police said.
The homes were in New South Wales where the accused gunman, Brenton Tarrant, grew up, though he has spent most of the last decade overseas, officials said.
"The primary aim of the activity is to formally obtain material that may assist New Zealand police in their ongoing investigation," a police statement said.
Australian terrorist, Tarrant used Facebook to live broadcast his initial assault on the Noor Mosque, where at least 50 worshippers were murdered and dozens more wounded.
In that opening attack, footage from his broadcast showed Tarrant mercilessly spraying bullets inside the mosque, killing 50 people and leaving more than 30 others in the hospital and then returning to his car to fetch a new rifle.
-
China confirms visa-free travel for UK, Canada nationals
-
Bad Bunny's star power explodes tourism searches for his hometown
-
Murder suspect kills himself after woman found dead in Missouri
-
Poll reveals majority of Americans' views on Bad Bunny
-
Man convicted after DNA links him to 20-year-old rape case
-
California cop accused of using bogus 911 calls to reach ex-partner
-
'Elderly' nanny arrested by ICE outside employer's home, freed after judge's order
-
key details from Germany's multimillion-euro heist revealed