Nutella world’s largest factory reopens after five-day shutdown
France produces 600,000 jars of Nutella a day, about a quarter of world output
FRANCE: The world’s largest Nutella factory restarted production on Monday after it stopped work for five days as a precautionary measure over a "quality defect", owner Ferrero’s French branch said.
The factory in Normandy, France stopped making the chocolate-and-hazelnut spread due to a “suspected quality defect strictly limited to the production stage,” Ferrero France’s communications service said.
It added that the problem was “very early in the process, at the stage of grinding and roasting hazelnuts.”
The Villers-Ecalles site in Normandy produces around 600,000 jars a day, or about a quarter of all the Nutella made worldwide.
Nutella’s Italian owner Ferrero, whose products also include Ferrero Rocher chocolates, first announced production had been suspended on Wednesday.
“All concerns have been fully lifted,” Ferrero France said on Friday.
“We can say that no products currently on the market are impacted by the situation and that the supply to our customers continues without interruption.”
The Ferrero group, with 30,000 employees and 22 production sites around the globe, also makes Kinder surprise eggs and chocolate bars as well as Tic Tac mints.
-
Kelly Clarkson explains decision to quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show'
-
Japan: PM Takaichi flags China ‘Coercion,’ pledges defence security overhaul
-
Angorie Rice spills the beans on major details from season 2 of ' The Last Thing He Told Me'
-
Teacher arrested after confessing to cocaine use during classes
-
Milo Ventimiglia recalls first meeting with Arielle Kebbel on the sets of 'Gilmore Girls' amid new project
-
Leading astrophysicist shot dead at southern California home
-
Will Savannah Guthrie ever return to 'Today' show? Here's what insiders predict
-
Amazon can be sued over sodium nitrite suicide cases, US court rules