Sunday September 24, 2023

Senior advocate gunned down in Quetta attack

By our correspondents
August 03, 2016

QUETTA: Senior advocate of the Balochistan High Court was gunned down by unknown gunmen on the Brewery Road in Quetta on Tuesday. According to police sources, the victim advocate Jehanzaib was on his way home in his vehicle when assailants opened fire at him and escaped.

As a result, he died on the spot after sustaining multiple bullet wounds.The body of the deceased was shifted to the Bolan Medical Complex Hospital for legal formalities.Law-enforcement agencies reached the crime scene and cordoned off the entire area and started search to arrest the outlaws. Further investigation was under way.

According to another report, the Frontier Corps killed three militants and arrested seven suspects along with weapons in a search operation in the Hushap area of Turbat district.According to an FC spokesman, acting on a tip-off, the FC personnel carried out a search operation in the area when they opened fire at them. Three militants were killed in retaliation and their four hideouts were demolished by the FC personnel.

The FC personnel also apprehended seven suspects along with four rifles, two small machine guns, three shot guns, rounds and banned literature.The FC spokesman said they were involved in attacking on security forces and sabotage activities in the area. Further investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, the Frontier Corps foiled a sabotage bid and defused 8 kg improvised explosive device (IED) in the Sui area of Dera Bugti district.According to the FC spokesman, acting on a tip-off the FC personnel along with bomb disposal squad reached the site and defused 8 kg IED, which was planted for sabotage activities in the area by unknown men.

The FC personnel cordoned off the area and launched search to trace the culprits. On the other hand, police have arrested 14 Afghan nationals under the Foreign Act in Surab area of Kalat district.

Police sources said on Tuesday that these Afghan nationals were apprehended during checking because they did not show their travelling documents. The police sources said they would be handed over to the FIA.