Maneka moves court against ex-wife, PTI chief for marrying during Iddat
Khawar Maneka, ex-husband of Bushra Bibi, filed a petition in a lower court in Islamabad against his former wife and Imran Khan over alleged pre-marriage relationship
ISLAMABAD: Khawar Maneka, ex-husband of Bushra Bibi, on Saturday filed a petition in a lower court in Islamabad against his former wife and former prime minister Imran Khan over alleged pre-marriage relationship.
A petition has been filed before Civil Court Judge Qudrat Ullah in which Khawar said that Bushra Bibi got married to him in 1989 and both of them were living a happily married life.
The petition has made Imran and Bushra respondents. The complainant has also attached a list of witnesses which include Mufti Saeed, Aun Chaudhry, Mohammad Latif and himself. “We were enjoying a happily married life since 1989 until Imran Khan entered our life behind the façade of peeri mureedi and started visiting the house in my absence. Besides Imran Khan, Zulfi Bukhari also used to frequently come in his absence,” Khawar said in the petition.
Imran Khan use to remain in my house for hours, which was not only unethical, undesirable but also un-Islamic, he added. “My sister-in-law, Bushra’s sister, who is a staunch supporter of the Jewish lobby, introduced Imran Khan to Bushra,” the petition said.
The petition further states that he (Maneka) tried to salvage his marriage but all in vain and ultimately he had to divorce his wife on Nov 14, 2017. He said he was forced by Farah Gogi to change the divorce date but even despite his refusal, Imran and Bushra got married during the Iddat period on Jan 1, 2018.
The marriage between Bushra and Imran is, therefore, illegal and non-Islamic as it was solemnised without observing the Iddat period, the petition said. He said fornification has been committed by both Imran and Bushra. Hence the court should summon the respondents and punish them strictly in accordance with the law, the petition concluded.
Civil Judge Qudratullah adjourned the hearing till November 28 while recording Khawar Manika’s statement. It is pertinent to note that earlier on Friday, Judicial Magistrate Qudratullah accepted the petitioner Muhammad Hanif’s appeal to withdraw the marriage case.
-
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed -
Hailey Bieber Shares How She Protects Her Mental Health While Facing Endless Criticism -
Amanda Seyfried Shares Hilarious Reaction To Discovering Second Job On 'Housemaid': 'Didn’t Sign Up For That' -
Queen Elizabeth II Saw ‘qualities Of Future Queen’ In Kate Middleton -
Hilary Duff Reveals Deep Fear About Matthew Koma Marriage -
Will Sarah Ferguson End Up In Police Questioning After Andrew’s Arrest? Barrister Answers -
Matthew McConaughey Gets Candid About AI Threat To Actors: 'Be Prepared' -
Hailey Bieber Shares How 16-month-old Son Jack Blues Is Already Following In Justin Bieber's Footsteps