PSG coach Luis Enrique hoping for Mbappe ‘agreement’
PARIS: Luis Enrique said Friday he hoped "an agreement can be found" with Kylian Mbappe as Paris Saint-Germain look set to open their Ligue 1 campaign without the French superstar.
The former Barcelona and Spain boss is preparing for his first season in charge at PSG after replacing Christophe Galtier in July.
"This situation has already existed (between PSG and Mbappe)," the Spaniard told a pre-match press conference in Paris ahead of his team´s Ligue 1 opener against Lorient on Saturday.
"A positive solution had been found with the club before my arrival. I hope that the club and the player will find an agreement. "I remind you of the philosophy of the club, which wants to be above everything, players, staff."
PSG are bolstering their attacking options with the futures of Mbappe and Neymar still uncertain, with both missing training on Friday.
Luis Enrique confirmed that France international Ousmane Dembele´s arrival from Barcelona is "99 percent" done. "Dembele is not yet a PSG player legally, 100 percent no, but 99 percent. There is still one paragraph left in the contract," the Spaniard said.
The 26-year-old Dembele, who was part of France´s 2018 World Cup-winning squad along with Mbappe, is not available to face Lorient at the Parc des Princes. On Tuesday, Barca coach Xavi confirmed the departure of the forward, who would be the French champions´ ninth summer signing, after defenders Milan Skriniar and Lucas Hernandez, midfielders Manuel Ugarte and Cher Ndour, forwards Marco Asensio, Lee Kang-in and Goncalo Ramos and goalkeeper Arnau Tenas. Mbappe´s contract dispute has dominated headlines all summer.
-
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School -
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens