Mutton boneless cubes ½ kg
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Tomatoes (medium, cube) 4
Butter 2-4 tbsp
Green chilli (chopped) 1½ tbsp
Garlic (crushed) 1 tbsp
Ginger (crushed) 1 tbsp
Red chilli (crushed) 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (roasted & crushed) 2 tsp
Coriander seeds (roasted & crushed) 2 tsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
Yogurt (whisked) ½ cup
Cream ¼ cup
Fresh coriander (chopped) 1-2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp or to taste
Water as required
• In a chopper, add tomatoes to make a puree and set aside.
• In a wok, add cooking oil, butter and let it melt. Add mutton and mix well until it changes colour.
• Add green chilli, garlic, ginger, salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes or until dries up. Add water, mix well and bring it to boil.
• Add pureed tomatoes, mix well, cover and cook on low flame until meat is tender (approx. 35-40 minutes).
• Add red chilli crushed, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper powder, garam masala powder and yogurt. Mix well and cook on medium flame until oil separates (4-5 minutes).
• On low flame, add cream, mix well and cook for a minute.
• Add fresh coriander, mix well and set aside.
• Heat clay pot, add butter and let it melt. Add two sliced green chillies, mix well and cook for a minute.
• Add prepared makhni handi and garnish with julienne cut ginger, fresh coriander, butter and serve with naan.
Courtesy: Food Fusion (Recipe by Seema Hanif)