Onion (chopped) 170 g
Green bell pepper (cubed) 130 g
Apple cider vinegar ¾ cup
Mutton meat (boneless, cut in chunks) 750 g
Salt ¾ tsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Canola oil 2 tbsp.
Tomato (chopped) 100 g
Green chilli (chopped) 2
Black pepper ¼ tsp
Chaat masala ¼ tsp
Lemon juice ½ tsp
- Chop onion and the green bell pepper and soak them in the apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes, then remove and set aside for later.
- In the vinegar, add meat, salt, ginger paste and garlic paste. Allow it to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Put the meat and vinegar mixture in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and decrease to a simmer and cook on a low flame until the vinegar has evaporated and the meat is cooked through—approximately 1-2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp. cooking oil in a frying pan over medium low heat.
- Add onion, tomato and meat and fry until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the green bell pepper and the green chilli and continue frying until the green bell pepper is soft but doesn't lose too much of its shape.
- Serve with lemon wedges, black pepper and chaat masala.
- You can easily use the same recipe for beef, just increase your cook time as needed to make sure your meat is properly tender.
Courtesy: Becky Keeps House