Out this week
- Courage by Celine Dion: The twelfth English-language album by the Canadian singer; follows her 2016 French album Encore un soir; includes the singles ‘Imperfections’ and ‘Lying Down’, as well as the song ‘Recovering’ which is about her late husband, René Angé lil.
- Spectrum by Westlife: Eleventh album by the Irish boyband; comes after their reunion following a six year breakup; includes the singles ‘Hello My Love’, ‘Better Man’, ‘Dynamite’, and ‘My Blood’.
- Ford v Ferrari (starring Matt Damon, Christian Bale, Jon Bernthal, Caitriona Balfe) - biographical sports drama; car designer Carroll Shelby (Damon) and driver Ken Miles (Bale) lead a team meant to build a race car for Ford that can beat the dominant Ferrari.
- Charlie’s Angels (starring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks) - action comedy, continuation of the film series; a new generation of Angels work on a case involving a dangerous technology.
- The Good Liar (starring Ian McKellen, Helen Mirren, Russell Tovey, Jim Carter) - thriller; a con-artist (McKellen) plans to steal the fortune of a wealthy widow (Mirren) he meets online.
- The Report (starring Adam Driver, Annette Benning, Ted Levine, Michael C. Hall) - docudrama; explores Daniel Jones’s (Driver) report about the CIA’s enhanced interrogation techniques following the September 11 attacks.
- The Lodge (starring Riley Keough, Jaeden Martell, Lia McHugh) - horror; strange events occur when a young woman (Keough) is snowed in with her fiancé ’s two children at a remote cabin.
Shailene Diann Woodley
- Born on 15th November 1991 in San Bernardino, California, U.S.
- Has a younger brother, Tanner.
- Started modelling as a child.
- Made her acting debut with a minor role in the television film Replacing Dad (1999).
- Gained prominence for her starring role in the drama series The Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008 - 2013).
- Received praise for her performance in the film The Descendants (2011).
- Has since starred in movies including The Spectacular Now (2013), The Fault in Our Stars (2014), Snowden (2016), Adrift (2018), and the Divergent film series (2014 - 2016) as well as the television series Big Little Lies (2017 - 2019).
- Upcoming projects include the films The Last Letter From Your Lover, Prisoner 760, Misanthrope, and After Exile.
- Is an environmental activist and climate advocate.
Zombieland: Double Tap
Cast: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin, Emma Stone, Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch
Director: Ruben Fleischer
- Action comedy; 10 years after the events of the first film, survivors Tallahassee (Harrelson), Columbus (Eisenberg), Wichita (Stone), and Little Rock (Breslin) battle evolved zombies while dealing with personal issues.
- Is the sequel to Zombieland (2009).
- Had an estimated budget of around $42 to 48 million; has made $102 million in over three weeks.
- Has received mixed to positive reviews; the acting, laughs, and element of fun have been praised, although some critics have opined that the film lacks fresh ideas.
- Includes a cameo appearance by Bill Murray in the end credits, with the actor once again portraying a fictionalized version of himself.
- Score composed by David Sardy. Woody Harrelson’s version of the Elvis Presley classic ‘Burning Love’ plays during the end credits.