Out this week
* White Noise (starring Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, Don Cheadle, Raffey Cassidy) – black comedy, based on Don DeLillo’s 1985 novel; a train accident casts chemical waste over a town.
* The Son (starring Hugh Jackman, Laura Dern, Vanessa Kirby, Zen McGrath, Anthony Hopkins) – drama, based on Florian Zeller’s 2018 stage play, serves as a follow-up to 2020’s The Father; a man’s (Jackman) busy life with his new partner (Kirby) and their baby is thrown into disarray when his teenage son (McGrath) arrives.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Cast: Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, Florence Kasumba, Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Tenoch Huerta, Martin Freeman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Angela Bassett
Director: Ryan Coogler
* Action; the people of Wakanda fight to protect their home after King T’Challa’s death.
* Is the sequel to Black Panther (2018) and the 30th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
* Had been in development since mid-2019, but was reworked after Chadwick Boseman’s death from colon cancer in August 2020.
* Had a $250 million budget; has made nearly $550 million in less than two weeks.
* Has received positive reviews, with critics praising the acting, production, and tribute to Boseman, although some criticism has been aimed at the plot and the runtime.
* Score composed by Ludwig Göransson.
* Is likely to be followed by a sequel. Will also be proceeded by the Disney+ series Ironheart which will premiere in 2023.
* Born on 25th November 1971 in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
* Parents separated shortly after her birth.
* Trained as a dancer when she was a child.
* Made her acting debut in 1972 alongside her mother in the soap opera Days of Our Lives.
* Gained recognition for her role in the sitcom, Married... with Children (1987 – 2001).
* Has since appeared in television series including Jesse (1998 – 2000), Friends (2002 – 2003), Samantha Who? (2007 – 2009), Up All Night (2011 – 2012), and Dead to Me (2019 – 2022), and movies like The Big Hit (1998), The Sweetest Thing (2002), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), Hall Pass (2011), Vacation (2015), and Bad Moms (2016).
* Has been married twice: to actor Johnathon Schaech (2001 to 2007; divorced) and musician Martyn LeNoble (2013 to present; they have one daughter (born in 2011)).
* Was diagnosed with and treated for breast cancer in 2008. Was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2021.
* Warren Holstein (@WarrenHolstein): It’s not so surprising Elon Musk grew up in a family that owned a mine, because he’s great at running things into the ground.
* Julius Sharpe (@juliussharpe): If Twitter does disappear, I just want you all to know I hated every second I was on here.
* Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais): How are we going to hear from so many clinically insane people now?