Ukraine claims fresh attack on Crimean bridge
Bridge temporarily closed to traffic for around four hours, says Russian state media
Ukraine said on Tuesday it had detonated a bomb under the Crimean bridge which links the annexed peninsula to Russia and has been widely targeted since Russia invaded in 2022.
Kyiv's SBU secret service said it had "conducted a new unique special operation and hit the Crimean Bridge for the third time — this time underwater."
It published footage showing a blast coming out of the water and debris flying, along with a photo of some damage to the side of the bridge.
But the extent of the damage caused by the blast was unclear and the 19-kilometres (12-mile) bridge appeared to be in operation as normal on Tuesday afternoon.
Russian state media reported it had been temporarily closed to traffic for around four hours earlier on Tuesday.
The SBU said it had detonated more than 1,000 kilograms of explosive material planted to one of the bridge´s underwater pillars.
Ukraine says the bridge is a legitimate target as it used to move troops and military equipment for its invasion.
-
Germany’s ruling coalition backs social media ban for children under 14
-
Quinton Aaron reveals why he does not want to speak to wife Margarita ever again
-
Why Mikaela Shiffrin celebrated Olympic Gold with Taylor Swift song?
-
Political tensions steal spotlight at Berlin Film Festival closing ceremony
-
Hong Kong touts stability,unique trade advantages as Trump’s global tariff sparks market volatility
-
Friedrich Merz heads to China for high stakes talks in an effort to reset strained trade relations
-
Nvidia CEO praises Elon Musk, calls him an ‘extraordinary engineer'
-
Conan O'Brien speaks first time after Rob Reiner's killing