Doctors in Punjab were astonished to see a patient — having a two-year-old stomach ache — who ingested home items including nut bolts, chains lockets, earphones and buttons, which were found after experts ran an X-ray, according to the New York Post.
Ajmer Singh Kalra, director of the Moga Medicity Hospital in Moga, Punjab said that "on carrying out an X-ray, we found lockets, chains, nuts, bolts, earphones, and many other objects inside the stomach."
The treatment was carried out in Moga, Punjab.
Kuldeep Singh consulted a doctor in the hospital where he reported stomach troubles and terminal pain alongside sustaining a high fever.
The healthcare experts ran medical checkups and found the stomach turned into a hardware store.
The report suggested that the 35-year-old had reportedly consumed roughly 60 gewgaws, including lockets, chains, nuts, bolts, earphones, safety pins, magnets, shirt buttons, zips, and many more inedible objects.
The Cleveland Clinic noted that doctors diagnosed the trinket taster with pica, a mental health condition where the sufferer compulsively swallows items that aren’t food.
This thing is very common in young children pregnant women and people with mental disorders, including especially autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disabilities or schizophrenia.
Jam Press report indicated that the patient’s relatives were unaware of the problem.
It proved harmful after eating indigestible things.
"Since he had eaten sharp objects, there were severe wounds in his stomach," said Kalra, who "decided to operate on him."
The victim underwent a three-hour surgery, presided over by surgeon Anup Handa and gastroenterologist Dr Vishavnoor Kalra, which came out as a success. However, his condition is still critical.
"He is still on a ventilator and is critical," said Kalra.
In an equally peculiar case of pica detailed in July, a London woman spent over $3,800 to sate her clay craving, which began when she became pregnant with her son in 2013.
Burglar in China made the decision to wait until the homeowners went to bed in a different room
PituRooms, world's skinniest hotel, has seven rooms that are large enough to accommodate a double-bed
Southern cassowary, 'corld's most dangerous bird' is a flightless bird that resembles an ostrich or an emu
However, it isn't clear what Mills will do with her winning money
"Ata" fits the description of a typical, totally normal human fetal skeleton, according to Professor Sian Halcrow
Australian man Colin Deveraux says fish were acting strangely and moving towards the centre when he had stopped beside...