FIA prosecutor disassociates himself from Axact case
KARACHI: The Special Public Prosecutor of the Federal Investigation Agency, Zahid Jamil, on Monday disassociated himself from the proceedings of the bail applications of directors of M/s Axact pending at the Sindh High Court.
The bail application of Axact directors Rizwan Ahmed, Imran Ahmed Khan, Atif Hussain, Adnan Saboor and others were pending before the SHC. They have moved the SHC against the rejection of their bails from the sessions court in the Axact fake degree and money-laundering scam.
Barrister Zahid Jamil, who was appointed the Special Public Prosecutor by the FIA, submitted a statement before the court saying that due to “circumstances having arisen” he was unable to proceed further with such proceedings, and in the interests of preservation of “my professional conduct”, he excused himself from prosecuting or proceeding any further in these matters.
He submitted that he had been proceeding with all the related matters pro bono, and alternate arrangements for continuing arguments had been made. Therefore, he may be allowed to hand over materials for any further proceedings.
The SHC’s single bench, headed by Justice Zafar Ahmed Rajput, after taking the statement of the SPP on record, directed the office to delete the name of the SPP from the prosecution side and adjourned the hearing till January 22.
The court directed the office not to treat the matter as part heard and fix the same as per the roster. It is pertinent to mention here that Axact’s CEO Shoaib Ahmed Sheikh and other directors were booked by the FIA for their involvement in a fake degree scam and on money-laundering charges and the proceedings were pending before the trial court.
-
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Timothee Chalamet Admits He Was 'grumpy' Before Beau Kylie Jenner's Unexpected Move -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day