Toshakhana case: Court issues non-bailabale arrest warrant for Nawaz Sharif
ISLAMABAD: An Accountability Court (AC) on Thursday issued non-bailable arrest warrant for former prime minister Nawaz Sharif over his continuous absence in ‘Toshakhana; vehicles reference.
The court, however, granted one-day exemption from presence to former president Asif Ali Zardari in the same reference.
AC-III Judge Syed Asghar Ali conducted the hearing into reference against two former prime ministers Nawaz Sharif, Yusuf Raza Gilani and ex-president Asif Ali Zardari pertaining to illegal use of ‘Toshakhana’ vehicles during Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) tenure.
Yusuf Raza Gilani, Abdul Ghani Majeed, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Prosecutor Sardar Muzafar Abbasi and NAB investigation officer appeared before the court.
At the outset of the hearing, the NAB prosecutor prayed to the court to initiate action against former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on his continuous absence from the proceeding. He said the summon notices against the accused could be given through advertisement in newspapers abroad.
He said the NAB investigation officer himself visited the residence of accused in Jatti Umra where the guard informed him that Nawaz Sharif was not there. He said Nawaz was living in Avenfield Apartments in London, adding that the NAB had obtained the travel record of the accused.
To this, the court issued non-bailable arrest warrant for Nawaz Sharif and ordered the Foreign Office to implement the summon notice to accused through Pakistan High Commission in United Kingdom (UK). On query of judge regarding the appearance of Zardari, his lawyer Farooq H Naek pleaded that former president could not appear before the court due to coronavirus outbreak in the country and prayed to the court to avoid summoning his client in person.
He said Zardari had been appearing before courts earlier. The judge asked the lawyer to provide address of Zardari in Karachi so that a notice could be served on him. Meanwhile, Yusuf Raza Gilani filed a plea seeking permanent exemption from hearing to avoid risk of coronavirus. He said he had been attending the court regularly. The court served notice on NAB and sought its comments on the matter.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals