More arguments sought in plea against Lahore mayor
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court Chief Justice directed a petitioner-lawyer to come up with more arguments in support of his plea challenging eligibility of unopposed elected, unofficially, Lahore Mayor Mubashir Javed.
At the outset of the hearing, Advocate Mian Shakeel Ahmad, the petitioner, argued that Javed had been in government service and could not contest election before a period of two years after quitting the job. He said the respondent served as chief warden of civil defence department and member of evacuee trust property board’s university. Assistant Advocate General Anwaar Hussain opposed the petition and said the petitioner had not provided the court with any documentary evidence to prove his allegations on the respondent. He said the petition failed to establish that the respondent had been getting remuneration from the government against any service. Addressing the petitioner, Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah said a public interest petition needed to be prepared carefully. Advocate Ahmad sought time to prepare his arguments and the chief justice adjourned hearing till Jan 11.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again