Trump says ‘big threats’ to his life by Iran
WASHINGTON: Donald Trump said on Wednesday there were “big threats” on his life posed by Iran after the Republican presidential candidate´s campaign
team said US intelligence warned him of “real and specific” threats from Tehran.
“Big threats on my life by Iran. The entire US Military is watching and waiting,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform.
“Moves were already made by Iran that didn´t work out, but they will try again. ... I am surrounded by more men, guns, and weapons than I have ever seen before,” he said, following increased scrutiny of the US Secret Service since two attempts on Trump´s life this year. Trump´s campaign team said in a statement on Tuesday that US intelligence had warned the former president of “real and specific” threats from Iran to assassinate him.
It was not immediately clear if the threats referred to by the campaign and Trump himself were new or threats that have previously been reported.
“Trump was briefed earlier today by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence regarding real and specific threats from Iran to assassinate him in an effort to destabilise and sow chaos in the United States,” campaign communications director Steven Cheung said in the statement.
“Intelligence officials have identified that these continued and coordinated attacks have heightened in the past few months, and law enforcement officials across all agencies are working to ensure former president Trump is protected and the election is free from interference,” he added. Iran has rejected accusations that it is trying to kill Trump this summer, shortly after a gunman opened fire at a rally in Pennsylvania, killing one person and wounding the presidential candidate.
Days after the July 13 assassination attempt, US media reported that authorities had received intelligence on an alleged Iranian plot against the Republican, prompting his protection to be boosted. Iran rejected the “malicious” accusations.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child