Cristiano Ronaldo breaks silence on Saudi Pro League backlash: ‘I've seen many, many bad things’
on Wednesday, Al Nassr defeated Al-Ahli and Cristiano Ronaldo was named the Player of Match
Cristiano Ronaldo secured victory for Al Nassr by defeating Al Ahli 2-0 in Saudi Pro League on Wednesday,
He also achieved a historic and professional milestone when the football star scored his 970th goal in the match.
Throughout the league, Ronaldo’s team received criticism over various allegations. Earlier this month, several Al Ahli players complained that the team was getting favourable treatment during the game from referees.
In a post-victory interview, Cristiano Ronaldo broke silence over growing criticism and said he will surely vent his frustration at the end of season. According to the Portuguese footballer, the persistent criticism of the Saudi Pro League has turned the vibe of competition into a negative one.
Ronaldo said, “I think this is not good for the league. Everyone complains. This is football, this is not a war. We know we have to fight, everyone wants to win. But not everything is allowed.”
"I am going to speak at the end of the season because I've seen many, many bad things," he added.
"Many players have complained, doing posts on Instagram, on Facebook, speaking about the referees, speaking about the league, speaking about the project. This is not good. This is not the goal of the league.”
According to Ronaldo, our goal is to rival the best leagues in Europe and beyond. We need to analyze our progress but end the toxic criticism as it does not represent the true nature of football.
The 41-year-old said, “It's been a difficult season, not just on the pitch but off it. We know the power that other teams have but I will have the opportunity to speak at the end of the season.”
Despite the criticism and frustrations, Ronaldo is determined to help Al Nassr win their first title since 2019. He joined the club in December 2022.
-
Kyle Busch's family reveals NASCAR racer's cause of death
-
Zohran Mamdani launches $50 World Cup ticket lottery in NYC: How to enter and win
-
Pep Guardiola leaves Manchester City after historic 10-year era, tributes pour in
-
‘A terrible look’: Charles Barkley calls out NBC’s Michael Jordan deal
-
Cristiano Ronaldo leads Al Nassr to first Saudi Pro League title in 4-1 win over Damac
-
NASCAR legend Kyle Busch passes away
-
Urban Meyer opens up on Kyle Whittingham joining Michigan Wolverines
-
Mark Scheifele stars as Canada beats Norway in OT at world hockey championship
