Buckingham Palace declines to comment as King Charles set to give major health update
King Charles recorded the message during the last week of November at Clarence House
Buckingham Palace has refused on comment on King Charles health amid reports the monarch will give cancer update.
The AFP, citing PA news agency, reported King Charles, who is battling cancer, will give an update on his health in a video address on Friday.
The monarch announced last year that he had been diagnosed with an undisclosed type of cancer.
The pre-recorded message of the monarch will be broadcast at 8:00 pm (2000 GMT) as part of Stand Up to Cancer, a campaign backed by the channel and Cancer Research UK.
The report further says King Charles is expected to stress the importance of screening programmes for the early diagnosis of the disease.
However, when AFP reached out to Palace for comments, the King’s office declined.
As per the claims, Charles reportedly recorded the message during the last week of November at Clarence House, his residence in London.
Fundraisers and celebrity challenges have been taking place throughout the week leading up to the show on Friday.
Charles announced in February 2024 that cancer had been detected while he underwent prostate surgery.
He suspended his public duties for a few weeks before resuming them in April, with his doctors saying they were "encouraged" by his recovery. He has been undergoing treatment ever since.
Charles said earlier this year that a cancer diagnosis was a "daunting and at times frightening experience".
He has stepped up his activities over the past year, making several royal visits in Britain as well as trips to Canada and the Vatican.
He was briefly hospitalised in March after experiencing "side effects" from cancer treatment.
-
Prince Harry felt system had ‘one rule for him, one for Prince William’
-
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' is important for monarchy
-
Critics target palace narrative after Andrew's controversy refuses to die
-
Sarah Ferguson’s delusions take a turn for the worse: ‘She’s been deserted’
-
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's emotional collapse after Epstein fallout
-
Prince Harry turns Diana into content: ‘It would have appalled her to be repackaged for profit’
-
Prince William's love for his three children revealed during family crisis
-
Sarah Ferguson's plea to Jeffrey Epstein exposed in new files
