Slushies, the cold and icy drink, are universally loved by people of all ages.
However, be aware that slushies can be dangerous, so much so that regulators have issued warnings to parents to not give slushies to their children after two kids almost died from consuming the sugary drink.
A four-year-old boy named Albie became unresponsive after drinking a slushy from a school event, DailyMail reported.
In a similar case that occurred days later, three-year-old Angus suddenly collapsed in the mall after having a slushy for the first time.
In both cases, doctors blamed glycerol, an additive lurking inside the child-friendly drinks. Glycerol, or E422, gives the drink that desired slushy texture.
While mildly toxic to humans, the amount does not pose a danger to adults or older children but a buildup of the ingredient can cause problems in the future.
However, the same isn't true for younger children. Due to their much lower body weight, even a small amount of glycerol can spark a serious health emergency.
The mild symptoms of glycerol intoxication include headaches and vomiting.
However, it can send people into shock, where the circulatory system that pumps oxygen-rich blood around the body starts to fail, depriving vital organs of what they need to function.
Signs of shock include having pale, cold, clammy skin, as well as sweating, rapid or shallow breathing, weakness or dizziness, nausea and possible vomiting, extreme thirst, and yawning and sighing.
Hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, is another effect of glycerol intoxication.
In its most severe form, hypoglycemia can lead to fits and a loss of consciousness.
Shock and hypoglycemia can be life-threatening and are considered medical emergencies requiring urgent medical care.
Rice water is being regarded as beneficial for hair health by TikTokers but experts say otherwise
Up to 44% of women aged between 20 and 40 are affected by it
"Once you have better quality then we try to work on the quantity of sleep possible," expert says
It remains unclear how much niacin is unhealthy and will be ascertained in future research
A recent study reveals a female advantage that a woman gets more benefits with less exercise
Number of US teenage overdoses in Arizona, Colorado, Washington State is double than national average