Governor, chief minister condemn Lahore blast
PESHAWAR: Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra and Chief Minister Pervez Khattak on Sunday condemned the suicide blast at the Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park in Lahore that left several people dead and scores others injured.
Both expressed their deep shock and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in the terror act that shattered the peace of the provincial capital of the Punjab province. Through separate statements, the governor and the chief ministers expressed heartfelt sympathies with the members of the bereaved families and those injured in the act of terrorism.
They termed the explosion a cowardly act and assured that innocent people would not be left at the mercy of the terrorists. Iqbal Zafar Jhagra and Pervez Khattak said such attacks would not deter the national resolve to eliminate the wave of militancy and stamp out terrorism. Both said the entire nation had been grieved by the tragedy.
The governor and the chief minister said the nation stood united with the military in the war against terrorism which would be rooted out with the force of unity.
-
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command -
Fergie’s Spent £13,000 A Day Since Andrew’s Troubles Started: Here’s Where She Fled -
Eric Dane's Death Becomes Symbol Of ALS Awareness -
Michael B. Jordan Gives Credit To 'All My Children' For Shaping His Career: 'That Was My Education' -
Sun Appears Spotless For First Time In Four Years, Scientists Report -
Bella Hadid Opens Up About 'invisible Illness' -
Lawyer Of Epstein Victims Speaks Out Directly To King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton -
Microsoft CEO Shares How Gates Doubted $1bn OpenAI Investment -
Milo Ventimiglia Calls Fatherhood 'pretty Wild Experience' As He Expects Second Baby With Wife Jarah Mariano -
Chinese Scientists Unveil Advanced AI Model To Support Deep-space Exploration -
Anthropic’s New AI Tool Wipes Billions Off Cybersecurity Stocks