IPC, PSB officials visit NSTCC boxing gym
Say the facility will be operational soon
By Syed Intikhab Ali
January 22, 2015
KARACHI: Two officials of the ministry of IPC and PSB on Wednesday visited the multi-purpose gymnasium of NSTCC and its hostels which have been ninety percent completed, but could not be made functional for the past several years.
Assistant Engineer Ijaz Akbar and Assistant Engineer PSB Sarfraz Rasool examined the projects on special directives of IPC secretary Ijaz Chudhary, sources told ‘The News’.
Their report would also be sent to the PM secretariat in order to have the project completed and opened for sports activities soon.
The visiting team observed that major construction work had been completed and only electric wiring, water taps and paint needed to be done.
The projects had been started several years ago, but were delayed after the 18th Amendment.
It is pertinent to mention that the current national boxing training camp is running at NSTCC but the boxers are training at the old boxing hall as the new state-of—the-art gymnasium remains incomplete.
Termite is fast spreading on the walls and doors of both the projects. At least two doors of the hostel have been completely eaten by termite.
Besides, dust is also wiping out the shine of the marble work of these projects and pigeons have made nests at various places.
The federal government bore all the expenditure initially, but later the authorities in Islamabad became unwilling to complete the projects due to some uncertainties.
After wasting around five years, the authorities in Islamabad realised that irrespective of the issues that arose after the 18th Amendment, these big projects should be saved, and there should be no loss of sportspersons, the sources said.
The boxing gymnasium only needs paint, taps, electrical switches and finishing of floors and roofs. In every other respect, the gymnasium is ready for boxing activities, the sources said.
The gym also has space for sports such as badminton, table tennis, bodybuilding and weightlifting.
The gymnasium has a capacity for 2000 spectators.
After its opening the province will be able to host boxing and other sports events at one place.
The hostels can accommodate more than 60 players and officials at a time.
It was learnt that both high officials would also visit the PSF squash complex, which is in poor condition as the plaster of its roof is coming off at various spots.
Two of its courts are also in dilapidated condition and need complete overhauling.
‘The News’ has carried many stories on the condition of these projects and the installation of a new tartan track, which has been delayed for 10 years.
Assistant Engineer Ijaz Akbar and Assistant Engineer PSB Sarfraz Rasool examined the projects on special directives of IPC secretary Ijaz Chudhary, sources told ‘The News’.
Their report would also be sent to the PM secretariat in order to have the project completed and opened for sports activities soon.
The visiting team observed that major construction work had been completed and only electric wiring, water taps and paint needed to be done.
The projects had been started several years ago, but were delayed after the 18th Amendment.
It is pertinent to mention that the current national boxing training camp is running at NSTCC but the boxers are training at the old boxing hall as the new state-of—the-art gymnasium remains incomplete.
Termite is fast spreading on the walls and doors of both the projects. At least two doors of the hostel have been completely eaten by termite.
Besides, dust is also wiping out the shine of the marble work of these projects and pigeons have made nests at various places.
The federal government bore all the expenditure initially, but later the authorities in Islamabad became unwilling to complete the projects due to some uncertainties.
After wasting around five years, the authorities in Islamabad realised that irrespective of the issues that arose after the 18th Amendment, these big projects should be saved, and there should be no loss of sportspersons, the sources said.
The boxing gymnasium only needs paint, taps, electrical switches and finishing of floors and roofs. In every other respect, the gymnasium is ready for boxing activities, the sources said.
The gym also has space for sports such as badminton, table tennis, bodybuilding and weightlifting.
The gymnasium has a capacity for 2000 spectators.
After its opening the province will be able to host boxing and other sports events at one place.
The hostels can accommodate more than 60 players and officials at a time.
It was learnt that both high officials would also visit the PSF squash complex, which is in poor condition as the plaster of its roof is coming off at various spots.
Two of its courts are also in dilapidated condition and need complete overhauling.
‘The News’ has carried many stories on the condition of these projects and the installation of a new tartan track, which has been delayed for 10 years.
-
Protest Held Outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Home -
NASA Targets March 6 For Launch Of Crewed Mission Around Moon Following Successful Rocket Fueling Test -
Conan O'Brien Addresses Rob Reiner's Tragic Death After Explosive Clash At Christmas Bash -
Princess Eugenie, Beatrice's Major Plan With King Charles Revealed After Andrew Arrest -
Prince William Out Of Trouble As King Charles Faces Andrew Scandal Fallout -
Sir Paul McCartney Gets Honest About Whether He Broke Up The Beatles -
Brad Falchuk, Gwyneth Paltrow's Husband, Opens Up About Eric Dane's 'Famous Last Words' -
Sarah Ferguson Leaves Andrew 'furious' With Stunning Move: 'It's All-out War Now' -
Greenland Ice Sheet Acts Like ‘churning Molten Rock,’ Scientists Find -
Sydney Sweeney Pays Tribute To 'Euphoria' Co-star Eric Dane After His Death: 'Forever Will Love You' -
Kayla Nicole Reveals Surprising Reason Behind Separation From Travis Kelce -
Andrew Made Major Demand To King Charles Before Arrest -
Political Tensions Steal Spotlight At Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony -
King Charles In Hot Water After Andrew Arrest: ‘Step Down!’ -
Space-based Solar Power Could Push The World Beyond Net Zero: Here’s How -
Kate Walsh Remembers Her 'Grey’s Anatomy' Co-star Eric Dane Following His Death At 53