Relocation of Jamia Hafsa: Govt submits agreement copy before SC
ISLAMABAD: The federal government has submitted a copy of an agreement regarding the allotment of a 20 kanals plot for the relocation of Jamia Hafsa before the Supreme Court on Friday.
In compliance with the Supreme Court’s May 11 order, Deputy Attorney General Sohail Mahmood submitted a report regarding the implementation of the court’s October 2, 2007 judgment on rebuilding Jamia Hafsa.
In December 2015, Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz had filed an application in the apex court requesting it to direct the authorities to implement the Supreme Court’s October 2, 2007 verdict.
The apex court on May 4 sought a report from the federal government on the implementation of the eight-year-old verdict.An agreement was signed between the administration of the Islamabad Capital Territory and the management of Lal Masjid on December 29, 2011 signed by the ICT Chief Commissioner Tariq Mahmood Pirzada, Majida Younas alias Umme Hassan and Abdul Aziz besides six witnesses.
The agreement says that 20 kanals will be provided in Sector H 11-4 Islamabad, for the construction of a research centre and hostel for students of Jamia Hafsa in lieu of the land previously occupied by the Madrassa.
According to the agreement, it was also agreed that the entire plot previously occupied by Jamia Hafsa adjacent to Lal Masjid could only be used as a prayer ground for the mosque and not for any other institutional or residential purpose. The plot of H 11-4 was originally allotted to the National Institute of Fire Technology, according to the documents.
-
'Call Me Daddy' Host Alex Cooper, Husband Matt Kaplan Announce New Milestone After Two Years -
Study Reveals Watermelon May Boost Heart Health And Diet Quality -
Savannah Guthrie's Sister Annie Leaves Home As Search For Nancy Continues -
‘Up For A Fight’: Lisa Nandy Says It’s A Personal Decision For Starmer To Face Leadership Contest -
White House Dresses Trump As James Bond In Bizarre New Photo -
Star Trek's George Takei Leaning On Spouse Amid Health Setbacks At 89 -
College Grads Still Have Lowest Unemployment Rate, Data Shows -
Old Trafford Set To Say A Heartfelt Goodbye To Casemiro Against Nottingham Forest -
'Make England Great Again': Tens Of Thousands March In London To Step Down Starmer -
Does Prince William Want To Take The Throne From Terminally Ill Charles? ‘One Might Be Surprised’ -
Manchester United Beat Nottingham Forest In Nail-biting Thriller -
Meghan Markle Has Blackmail Material Against King Charles: ‘Not Bound By NDAs’ -
Trump Advisers Fear Xi Could Target Taiwan Within 5 Years -
Keanu Reeves Teams Up With Japanese Director For New Film -
Was Windsor Castle Security Put At Risk? Buckingham Palace Declines To Comment -
Louisiana Senator Shock: Bill Cassidy Eliminated In First Round Of Primary