Passco distributes sacks to 72,000 growers
ISLAMABAD: The government constituted Pakistan Agricultural Storage and Services Corporation Limited (Passco) to ensure fair distribution of gunny sacks among growers, an official said on Tuesday.
Parliamentary Secretary for Food and Agriculture Rajab Ali Baloch, speaking in the National Assembly, said so far the sacks had been distributed among more than 72,000 growers in 215 centres across the country in a transparent manner.
Baloch said anyone who is found involved in malpractices with regard to distribution of gunny sacks will be punished. Growers were given sacks as per the standards, he added.
He said all relevant details and information have been provided to the house, showing the distribution of sacks is being made on merit.
The secretary claimed that the farmers could not present any evidence or proof in federal ombudsmen and courts of law about the unfair distribution of sacks. He added that inquiry would be initiated if any member of the house provides a concrete proof.
He, however, said there is a need for changing prescribed rules of Passco to ensure more transparency and a new mechanism for fair wheat procurement, besides rectifying revenue record’s issues.
Speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq said the ministry seems helpless. “It should play more effective role in order to protect the interest of poor growers,” he said.
Sadiq sought a report from the ministry and movers of the calling attention notice in 15 days. The issue will be referred to the Federal Investigation Agency or National Accountability Bureau following the report.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'