Pat Sajak to have final turn on 'Wheel of Fortune' before retirement
Pat Sajak announced retirement from the 'Wheel of Fortune' hosting in June
Pat Sajak will return to give one last spin to the Wheel of Fortune after announcing his retirement from the show.
The television personality, who retired from the main version of Celebrity Wheel of Fortune after over four decades, is slated to host the fifth season of ABC’s syndicated game show in the fall.
The upcoming season is scheduled to premiere on October 7, following Sajak’s final episode as the host of Wheel of Fortune, which aired on June 7.
The longtime host previously hosted the first four seasons of Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, which started airing in January 2021. A press release from the network stated his last turn as host will be his "final spin" on the spinoff version.
Before passing on his legacy, to host the hit game show, to Ryan Seacrest, Sajak shared a heartfelt message for his fans.
"Well, the time has come to say goodbye," he said, standing on the Wheel set in a video. "It's been an incredible privilege to be invited into millions of homes night after night, year after year, decade after decade."
"And I've always felt that privilege came with the responsibility to keep this daily half-hour a safe place for family fun," Sajak added. "No social issues, no politics, nothing embarrassing, I hope — just a game."
Sajak‘s final turn as host of Celebrity Wheel of Fortune will air on ABC Mondays at 8 p.m. ET from Oct. 7.
-
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi reveals stage 1 cervical cancer diagnosis
-
Hilary Duff’s son roasts her outfit in new album interview
-
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form part ways after 3 years of marriage
-
Avan Jogia says life with fiancee Halsey feels like 'coming home'
-
Taylor Swift made sure Jodie Turner-Smith's little girl had a special day on 'Opalite' music video set
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school
-
Denise Richards doubles down on abuse claims against ex husband Aaron Phypers amid show return