2nd death reported from coronavirus in Lower Dir

April 07, 2020

TIMERGARA: Lower Dir Deputy Commissioner Saadat Hasan on Monday evening confirmed second death from the fatal coronavirus in the district.Talking to media persons, Saadat Hassan said the 73-year-old...

Share Next Story >>>

TIMERGARA: Lower Dir Deputy Commissioner Saadat Hasan on Monday evening confirmed second death from the fatal coronavirus in the district.

Talking to media persons, Saadat Hassan said the 73-year-old member of Tableeghi Jamaat, named Dawood, hailing from Koto area, had returned from Jehlum on April 4 and was admitted to District Headquarter Hospital, Timergara but due to his precarious condition, the patient was referred to a hospital in Peshawar.

Sources in the Timergara Hospital said the patient was examined by medical officer Dr Zafar who suspected the patient as COVID-19 positive and sent swab from the patient for testing. The sources in Lower Dir Health Department, too, confirmed that the test result was received on Monday, according to which the patient was confirmed as COVID-19 positive. The deputy commissioner said Koto area had been locked down.

Earlier, a 60-year-old woman, who had returned from Saudi Arabia after performing Umra and hailing from Ziarat Talash area in Lower Dir, had died of COVID-19 on March 25 at Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC) in Peshawar.



More From Peshawar