Kundi seeks financial assistance for Kurram violence victims

By Bureau report
|
August 01, 2024
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi seen in this image. — APP/file

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi on Wednesday urged the federal and provincial governments to announce financial assistance for the victims of the Kurram violence.

He was speaking to reporters after visiting the sit-in protest organized by the residents of Kurram tribal district outside the Peshawar Press Club.The governor said the government was not aware of the land dispute over which the conflict started. He said the violence claimed around 50 lives and many were injured.

Advertisement

He said the media highlighted the issue after a lot of damage had been done.He said the government should consider the demands of those who were holding the sit-in protest.The governor said that a ceasefire had been broken in Kurram district. However, he added, earlier the violence had started after the ceasefire.

He maintained that after the 18th amendment, the provincial issue was under the control of the chief minister. Whatever the province needed from the centre he should be informed, he said, adding that he would talk to the federal government. He said that the chief minister should visit Kurram.

Advertisement