KHAR: A disgruntled local activist of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Wednesday announced that he was going to contest general elections from NA-8 and PK-22 from the party platform.
Speaking at a press conference, Rehan Zeb Khan said that the PTI leadership had violated merit in the distribution of party tickets to genuine candidates, which was not acceptable to them.
He alleged that tickets were awarded to underserving and corrupt candidates while eligible and honest activists and leaders from Bajaur had been ignored.Flanked by dozens of youths, Rehan Zeb said that his name was in the list of PTI nominated candidates from Bajaur but later it was removed and the tickets distributed in the two specific families.He said that the PTI had been occupied by the pharaohs in Bajaur but he was not ready to accept them as his leaders.