Asad Qaiser says ex-govt deprived Swabi of water share
SWABI: National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser said on Monday that the previous Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N)-led federal government snatched the water of Indus River from Swabi and gave it to Punjab.
Addressing a gathering at Marghuz village, he said it was strange that Ghazi Barotha Project lake was situated in Swabi but the dam was built in Punjab, depriving Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, particularly Swabi of its due share of water.
He said that a meeting had been convened that would be attended by federal minister for water and power, Wapda chairman and two MPAs from Swabi Abdul Karim and Rangaiz Khan to discuss the issue.
Asad Qaiser said Prime Minister Imran Khan would soon announce the establishment of the parliamentary committee to probe the allegations of rigging in the last general election. In the same breath, he said that the July 25 election was free and fair but despite that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) would investigate the issue to satisfy the opposition.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again