PCS officers warn of pen-down strike
PESHAWAR: The PCS Officers Association has warned the government to launch a pen-down strike throughout the country if the federal government did not accept their demands, including the appointments of provincial cadre officers on the provincial posts.
Speaking at a news conference in Peshawar Press Club on Monday, the association coordinator Fahad Ikram Qazi said their officers had been performing duties for the last 16 days while wearing black armbands to press the government for the acceptance of demands.
He said the authorities had not bothered to listen to their genuine demands. Fahad Ikram Qazi said the federal government had formed civil services reforms committee to find a solution to problems of the officers but the provincial officers have no representation in the committee.
“We have reservations over that committee. We have also written letters to Prime Minister Imran Khan but nothing was done for us,” he said. He observed that the federal government was appointing officers to the vacant provincial posts, which he said was illegal. He demanded the immediate abolition of the joint formula, under which the federal government was appointing officers to provincial posts.
The association coordinator believed that the chief minister and chief secretary
were not taking notice of the situation and they would launch a pen-down strike if the ongoing appointments to the provincial posts were not stopped.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'