MQM-P links joining federal cabinet to new portfolio
KARACHI: The Mutahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan has expressed its willingness to rejoin the federal cabinet if it is given one more federal cabinet portfolio, The News has learnt. However, the MQM-P clarified that it has only demanded the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf to fulfill its promises made at the time of the formation of a new government in the center.
Giving a jolt to the PTI-led federal government on January 12 in the center, the MQM-P convener Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui announced his decision to quit the federal cabinet as the Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication. Since then, two high-powered delegations of PTI – led by federal ministers Asad Umar and Pervez Khattak, separately visited the MQM-P’s secretariat to convince them to rejoin the federal cabinet and the deadlock between they were unable to break the ice.
However, sources from ruling PTI said that one of the critical MQM-P’s demands is for a federal cabinet slot for their party spokesman Aminul Haq, besides the oft-stated demands. “The MQM-P has consistently been insisting that Farogh Naseem, Minister for Law and Justice, is solely working on the behalf of the federal government instead of representing the MQM-P in the federal cabinet,” a PTI’s leader who is familiar with the negotiation between the two parties, told The News.
The MQM-P has also been arguing that the party had not given the names of Farogh Naseem and Khalid Maqbool Siddiqi for the federal cabinet and had instead proposed Aminul Haq and Iqbal Muhammad Ali Khan. But the federal government on their own appointed both of them. Now the sources said, MQM is insisting on inducting Aminul Haq in the cabinet.
The PTI leader said that the MQM-P knows that the federal government is not in a position to remove Naseem from the law ministry because he is dealing with some important cases for the government and therefore they are demanding to include its senior leader Syed Aminul Haque in the federal cabinet.
However, the MQM-P rejected that it had demanded the third ministry and said that the party had resigned from the federal government because of the non-fulfillment of the nine-point memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the formation of a new government in the Centre. “The MQM-P resigned from the federal cabinet because of injustices with the urban Sindh, non-provision of funds, and other issues. It was not seeking any more ministerial portfolios,” said an MQM-P’s spokesperson in a statement on Thursday. “The MQM-P will only rejoin the federal cabinet after the resolution of issues of Urban Sindh,” the spokesperson said.
-
Eric Dane's Girlfriend Janell Shirtcliff Pays Him Emotional Tribute After ALS Death -
King Charles Faces ‘stuff Of The Nightmares’ Over Jarring Issue -
Sarah Ferguson Has ‘no Remorse’ Over Jeffrey Epstein Friendship -
A$AP Rocky Throws Rihanna Surprise Birthday Dinner On Turning 38 -
Andrew Jokes In Hold As BAFTA Welcomes Prince William -
Sam Levinson Donates $27K To Eric Dane Family Fund After Actor’s Death -
Savannah Guthrie Mother Case: Police Block Activist Mom Group Efforts To Search For Missing Nancy Over Permission Row -
Dove Cameron Calls '56 Days' Casting 'Hollywood Fever Dream' -
Prince William, Kate Middleton ‘carrying Weight’ Of Reputation In Epstein Scandal -
Timothée Chalamet Compares 'Dune: Part Three' With Iconic Films 'Interstellar', 'The Dark Knight' & 'Apocalypse Now' -
Little Mix Star Leigh-Anne Pinnock Talks About Protecting Her Children From Social Media -
Ghislaine Maxwell Is ‘fall Guy’ For Jeffrey Epstein, Claims Brother -
Timothee Chalamet Rejects Fame Linked To Kardashian Reality TV World While Dating Kylie Jenner -
Sarah Chalke Recalls Backlash To 'Roseanne' Casting -
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75