9th Muharram’s central procession held amid strict security
To pay homage to the sacrifices rendered by Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions in Karbala, the central procession of 9th Muharram was held amid strict security on Tuesday from Nishtar Park to Kharadar’s Hussainian Iranian Imambargah.
Before the procession left the park, Shia scholar Allama Shahenshah Hussain Naqvi highlighted Imam Hussain’s (RA) teachings and the various aspects of the Karbala tragedy during the Majlis-e-Aza that was attended by a large number of mourners.
Allama Naqvi shed light over the Karbala incident, admiring the sacrifices rendered by Imam Hussain (RA) and other members of the Ahle Bait (RA) for Islam. The procession moved along the traditional route through the Old Numaish, Saddar, Empress Market, Regal Chowk, MA Jinnah Road and Bolton Market areas to stop at the Hussainian Iranian Imambargah.
As the procession started, its participants offered the Zohrain prayers at the Imambargah Ali Raza on MA Jinnah Road. All the roads leading towards the road were already blocked with containers.
Alternate routes had already been announced by the Karachi traffic police for the commuters. No vehicle was allowed to enter, exit or stay along the route of the main mourning procession. As part of the strict security measures, sharpshooters were deployed on all the high-rises surrounding the procession route. Mobile services remained suspended around the areas where the procession passed.
The Security & Emergency Services Division chief’s spokesperson said that over 200 Special Security Unit (SSU) commandos and lady commandos have been deployed at sensitive areas, along the traditional route of the mourning procession and for Majalis.
The main procession is monitored at the SSU headquarters through surveillance cameras, and a specialised command & control bus equipped with modern cameras also monitors the main procession.
Sindh Home Minister Ziaul Hassan Lanjar on Tuesday ordered that security of 9th Muharram processions and congregations should be ensured according to the security plan devised for them.
Lanjar directed the law enforcement agencies that the Muharram code of conduct should be implemented according to its spirit, while the main procession should be monitored properly through the watchtowers established along its route.
He ordered the snipers deployed on high-rises along the route to be diligent and alert. He also ordered strict surveillance of the entry points of the main procession. He said that the Central Police Office and Civic Centre command & control centres should keep a close watch on the route of the procession. He appealed to the city’s residents to immediately report to the police about any suspicious item, parcel or bag, or abandoned vehicle they find.
-
Maxwell Seeks To Block Further Release Of Epstein Files, Calls Law ‘unconstitutional’ -
Prince William Issues 'ultimatum' To Queen Camilla As Monarchy Is In 'delicate Phase' -
Winter Olympics 2026: Remembering The Most Unforgettable, Heartwarming Stories -
King Charles Hands All Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Records And Files To Police: Report -
Eric Dane's Family Shares Heartbreaking Statement After His Death -
Samsung Brings Perplexity AI To Galaxy S26 With ‘Hey Plex’ Voice Command -
Fergie’s Spent £13,000 A Day Since Andrew’s Troubles Started: Here’s Where She Fled -
Eric Dane's Death Becomes Symbol Of ALS Awareness -
Michael B. Jordan Gives Credit To 'All My Children' For Shaping His Career: 'That Was My Education' -
Sun Appears Spotless For First Time In Four Years, Scientists Report -
Bella Hadid Opens Up About 'invisible Illness' -
Lawyer Of Epstein Victims Speaks Out Directly To King Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton -
Microsoft CEO Shares How Gates Doubted $1bn OpenAI Investment -
Milo Ventimiglia Calls Fatherhood 'pretty Wild Experience' As He Expects Second Baby With Wife Jarah Mariano -
Chinese Scientists Unveil Advanced AI Model To Support Deep-space Exploration -
Anthropic’s New AI Tool Wipes Billions Off Cybersecurity Stocks