Will Smith's 'Sugar Bandits' locks multi-million dollar deals
Will Smith's new film on the horizon will be directed by Stefano Sollima
Will Smith's upcoming crime thriller Sugar Bandits scored multiple million-dollar deals ahead of its September production start date.
Deadline reported on Sunday, May 19, that one of the market’s biggest-budget projects, starring Smith, 55, sealed massive deals across the world for AGC.
The Oscar-winner actor is slated to reprise his role in the Bad Boys franchise. His character is described as a former special forces soldier who leads an elite vigilante squad with an aim of wiping out the drug trade in Boston.
Earlier this week, it was reported that Stefano Sollima will helm the upcoming project with his directorial talents, a seemingly strategic move that helped lock new deals.
The director is known for his work in Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Gomorrah and Without Remorse.
In an eight-figure pact, the most significant commitment is from Amazon Prime Video, which has acquired Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK with a slew of smaller territories.
In addition, a plethora of deals have been secured by big international distribution companies and film groups.
The new film on the horizon, which has an estimated budget of 80 million dollars, will reportedly take place in Montreal and Boston.
-
Avan Jogia says life with fiancee Halsey feels like 'coming home'
-
Taylor Swift made sure Jodie Turner-Smith's little girl had a special day on 'Opalite' music video set
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school
-
Denise Richards doubles down on abuse claims against ex husband Aaron Phypers amid show return
-
Gwyneth Paltrow reveals deep personal connection with Kate Hudson
-
Hilary Duff tears up talking about estranged sister Haylie Duff
-
Inside Hilary Duff's supportive marriage with husband Matthew Koma amid new album release