Leopard kills man in Battal forests
MANSEHRA: A leopard killed a man in the reserved forests in Battal area of the district on Monday while the authorities concerned later fixed hunting cages at possible entry and exit points to prevent the entry of wild creatures into residential areas.
“We have finished our preliminary investigation and sought financial assistance for the family of the victim killed by the beast in the reserved forest,” Taimur Shah, the divisional wildlife officer, told reporters here on Monday. Mohammad Arshad, 40, had gone to Katha Shakura Rihari reserved forest in Gall Galli area where a leopard attacked and killed him. The locals shifted the body to a nearby hospital where doctors handed it over to the bereaved family after completing medico-legal formalities.
Taimur Shah said that as it was a reserved forest, people had been warned not to move there and the victim had gone there where the incident happened. “Following the incident, we rushed there and fixed cages at such points wherefrom a wildcat can enter into the population and if it attempted to come down into the settlements, it might be captured,” he said.
He said that though the latest incident happened in the thick reserved forest, the big cats could leave their natural habitat into settlements in search of food because of the fresh cold wave triggered by heavy snowfall in the forests. However, he said his department would try to restrict them. “For preventing such influx of wild creatures, particularly leopards, we have fixed hunting cages at possible entry and exit points,” he added.
He said auto detective motion infrared camera traps (ADMICT), which were installed at three different entry and exit points, can capture motion picture and video clips and it would make clear if an animal is present in a population.
“The ADMICT can trace an animal in an area,” he added.
-
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles -
Rebecca Gayheart Breaks Silence After Eric Dane's Death -
Kate Middleton 2026 BAFTA Dress Honours Queen Elizabeth Priceless Diamonds -
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown -
Ryan Coogler Makes Rare Statements About His Impact On 'Black Cinema' -
Rising Energy Costs Put UK Manufacturing Competitiveness At Risk, Industry Groups Warn -
Kate Middleton Makes Glitzy Return To BAFTAs After Cancer Diagnosis